Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to ensuring that volunteer and paid responders are prepared to respond to emergencies, disasters, or other significant events in Kansas and beyond. In addition, Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to supporting awareness and training in disaster preparedness and response for the general public.
We intend to accomplish this by:
- Designing and maintaining a website where the general public, first responders, and Urban Search & Rescue task force members can access preparedness, training, and response resources.
- Developing and delivering initial and refresher training to first responders in areas such as disaster response, farm rescue, structure collapse rescue, trench rescue, vehicle & machinery rescue, confined space rescue, rope rescue, water/flood rescue, etc.
- Supporting the delivery of training from outside experts who can share knowledge and experience gained from responding to a variety of disasters in other parts of the country. This includes the advanced position specific training that may be required of regional Urban Search & Rescue (USAR) task force members
- Assisting in the coordination and delivery of state and regional conferences, or any other training opportunities where first responders can receive training in various technical rescue disciplines, as well as disaster response, farm rescue, vehicle extrication, search operations, disaster medical operations, canine search operations, water/flood rescue, etc.
- Developing and conducting operational readiness exercises for first responders and regional USAR task forces, and supporting their interaction and interoperability with other response entities such as the National Guard, Incident Management Teams, etc.
- Providing an avenue where individuals, businesses or foundations can make tax deductible financial or in-kind donations to support training for first responders.