Our Mission is to enhance the disaster response and search & rescue capability in the State of Kansas and the Midwest region.
We intend to accomplish this by:
- Developing and delivering affordable training and readiness exercises to first responders.
- Assisting first responders with future needs for specialized equipment.
- Providing subject matter expertise and support in the areas of disaster response and search & rescue operations.
- Fostering relationships with other organizations that share similar interests, such as the National Guard, Incident Management Teams, State Urban Search & Rescue Alliance, FEMA Urban Search & Rescue, the Emergency Management Accreditation Program, etc.
- Providing an avenue where individuals, businesses, and foundations can support first responders by providing tax deductible financial or in-kind donations.
Midwest Search & Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit corporation dedicated to building on public, private, and corporate partnerships to ensure that responders in Kansas and the Midwest region are prepared to respond when needed. The primary purpose of the organization is to promote and support the sustainment and furtherance of the disaster response and search & rescue capability in Kansas and the Midwest by providing or augmenting training, equipment, consulting, and response.
Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to ensuring that volunteer and paid responders are prepared to respond to emergencies, disasters, or other significant events in Kansas and beyond. In addition, Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to supporting awareness and training in disaster preparedness and response for the general public.
Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to assisting response agencies in acquiring and sustaining the specialized equipment needed for response. This includes equipment such as personal protective equipment; search cameras; acoustical listening devices; heavy rescue equipment; water/flood rescue equipment; and other specialized equipment that may be needed.
Midwest Search & Rescue is committed to sharing technical expertise with USAR task forces, Incident Commanders, Emergency Managers, or Governing Bodies prior to a disaster or significant event through consultation regarding disaster response or search & rescue operations.
Midwest Search & Rescue is prepared to respond to any disaster to provide support or technical expertise when requested by a local jurisdiction, regional USAR task force, or state agency.